Saturday, May 29, 2021

Daily Slog


 
Another old 35mm film scan. This one was originally shot with Fuji Velvia. The wrestler is Kotonowaka, who had some massive legs, as you can see. I dig the balance and strength of his morning warm-up squats. He was out there earlier than the others of his rank and created a bit of a stir with all the folks (including me) who wanted to take his photo, so he turned to face the wall to work out in peace. 

I have also been trying to stay away from others and just get my work done. I rarely use this blog to blabber on about details of what I do, but the past few weeks, due to the corona situation, have been a little rough.  I felt a bit like I am wasting energy on speculating how things may work out, when I should just be focused on what I have to do to be supportive. 

My own work with research projects is slogging on. I am not always sure exactly what I am doing, but I am at least putting in some effort. Of the two projects I am managing, one seems to have  clear path, even though it is long and mostly uphill. The other is much more foggy, but mostly because it was planned before corona. I will eventually finish the thing, but do not yet have a vision of how it will all turn out. I guess as long as I just keep to a work routine, something on the positive side may result.

But, such is life. Who knows how it will all work out in the end?