Sunday, September 26, 2021

Blue yonder


 Another Amsterdam photo from my days of wandering. The cat was living the life, just staring up into the blue yonder. I remember this place clearly and was attracted to the beautiful windows as I walked along the major Singel canal. 

Actually, today I found myself staring aimless up at the sky a few times. This morning, after some work cleaning up outside the house, I laid on the sofa and look out the window at the sun cutting across the trees. Not sure if I would say I was living the life, but things felt calm and peaceful. Maybe just having an easy task like cleaning the street gutters on a Saturday morning let me put my worries from the week on hold. Maybe worries isn't the what I mean. It is more like turning the faucet down a little and not having to deal with the usual gush of thoughts that often floods my little head. 

So laying on the sofa, for a very brief moment, nothing mattered. In a good way, that is. Not sure exactly how long this feeling lasted, but the emptiness of it was nice.