Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Fuzz


 The idea that life is a path is something that I have always held fast to be true. This blog's subtitle, the beginning of the end of the middle, refers to the mid-life crisis I was in when I started writing here. Just the idea of midlife implies that I am somehow half-way done my journey. A quick survey of my posts titles, and you will see lots of phrases like keep going, still out there, walking on, and flowing.

However, maybe life is not some path? Do we always need some pull of a destination? Do we have to always be going somewhere. Maybe it is the heat of this summer, which has made it very unpleasant to leave home for a stroll, but it has made me wonder if I do indeed need to be going anywhere? I mean this literally and figuratively. Not sure if traveling is all that fun anymore and with retirement in a few years or so, do I really need to go any further with trying to advance any professional interests. Will I ever be able to say, hey, I have arrived? And then, what the hell with I do with myself?

In the above photo, I like how the background fades out and is a bit foggy. It was a dark day and I am sure I had the depth of field set at 1.2 on the Nikkor 50mm lens that used to be be my main tool. What is behind and ahead is fuzzy, but the person isn't aware with the umbrella pulled down low. That is a bit how I feel today. Disconnected to the past and without a nice clear picture of what is coming. This not an entirely bad place to be, mind you.

Ok then.