Monday, September 4, 2023

More birds in flight


 Many years ago, on my first trip to Italy, a photographer, Allen Mathews, shared with me a rule that he had (or maybe someone he knew had) which was to always photography flying birds if you have a chance. So, more birds in flight have been discovered in my morgue of negatives. This one from the main bridge going into downtown Kanazawa, the Saigawa-ohashi.

It is nice to think of snow and cold in the photo as it is now hot and humid. It has been the hottest summer on record in Japan and I can't wait for fall. I really want to wear jeans and a sweater again and not be drenched in sweat from drinking the morning coffee.

Back to the grind today. It has been a decent Monday. I stayed focused and even though I didn't really kick out anything brilliant, at least i am writing and getting my word count up for a paper that I would love to have tidied up by the end of the month. Lots of possible distractions coming down the pike, but at least for today, I didn't fret and just got on with it. I feel like it could be a good week if I can ride this flow.

Ok then.