It is a nice peaceful Sunday morning. I dug into the sumo negatives again and found a few orphans to rescue. This one was from a regional tour in Niigata perhaps in 1994. At first look, I thought that it was a rather intense pose of rikishi ready to get it on. However, if I remember correctly, I think these two were doing a slap stick comedy routine. Imagine the Harlem Globe Trotters, but a sumo version. You can't tell from the photo, but probably soon after they got silly and entertained the crowd with some corny humor. All part of the summer tour, which also features demonstrations of how wrestler do their hair, some singing of traditional sumo songs, and usually there is a time when little kids come up to wrestle a pro. Plays well in the sticks and probably has a few hundred years tradition.
Regardless of the comedy that came after, it is not a bad photo if I may say so myself. I feel as they are pushing bad energy out of the ring. They are standing firm and are balanced. That is what I have been trying to do recently. Hoping that I can keep a tidy inner core and focus on things I want to accomplish or at least be ready for any battles that are coming my way.
