Photo from just down the street. There was a wonderfully sudden dump of snow this evening.
Before bed last night I stumbled across an interesting video, The London Perambulator, a documentary about Nick Papadimitriou and the idea of deep topography.
One quote from Nick that really connected with was when he was talking about visiting places that are out in the zone that is not really city but not the countryside. He says:
I felt as if I'd claim something for myself that was away from the world that I felt had rejected me…it was really important for me to come to places like this. I felt as if I was gaining power over something that I felt as if I'd been roughly handled by something that was bigger and more powerful than me and by coming here I was aligning myself with something that was prior to and larger than the thing that had rejected me as if I'd found a more powerful ally in my struggle.
Anyway, maybe something to write more about later.
Ok then.