Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Triteness


I fully acknowledge the triteness of taking a photo of laundry being hung out to dry in Italy, especially in Venice where this was taken. It is not original in anyway, although I would like to think that I executed it fairly well. The row of black socks is nice and the figure gives the narrowness of the alley some scale, so maybe I shouldn't be too harsh on myself.

Forgive the lack of originality and just think of the space. It is a decent metaphor for where I am at these days. The path is getting narrow and I can see the end of some phase in my life. The subtitle of this blog (Beginning to accept the end of the middle of life) hints at the midlife ups and downs that I have gone through, but that theme is getting trite as well. As in the photo, I am getting close to a T in the path and want to make a turn to something new, even if it is just a fresh take on themes I blog about. It is also time to get back out and make new images. Been wallowing around in the B&W negative morgue a bit too much. 

I have no memory of what this little alley in Venice leads to, but judging from the light, it looks a bit brighter for the next turn. Like the photo, I will try not to be too harsh on myself if the next street look much like the current one. As long as I keep walking, I should be alright.

Ok then.