Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Still out there, kind of


 

Not sure why, but I get lots of traffic from an old post called Still out there. In the post, I put up a scanned contact sheet of the image above. The negative space is kinda nice, but I am not sure what all the hits are for. Anyway, I came across the negative this morning and thought I would give it a proper scan. The contrast may need some work, but it is a step up for the original post.

I am still out there, kind of. That is to say that I do still sometimes go out for walks with the digiatl camera. The cost of 35mm black and white film, and the chemicals and paper to print, are just way too expensive. I am amazed sometimes at how much money and work I spent in the old days to make exposures. Also humbled by the 90% of images that were crappy. Back before digital, I was lucky to get maybe one out of a roll of 36 that I thought was worthy.

I am also still out there as far as looking for meaning in life. I have mentioned before that I usually post when I am trying to work something out and the long gaps with no posts usually means that I am busy and getting stuff done. Won't get into details, but it seems that I am just about at the end of a long project that has consumed most of my time. I am looking forward to a reset.

But, I am still indeed out there, and will probably pop in here more often in the next few weeks. So, ya'll come back now, ya hear.