Sunday, September 4, 2022

The end of summer


September is now in its 4th day, so technically summer is over. It has been a strange one, both weather-wise and my own personal vibes. I got stuff done, but am starting to think that I should have also made an effort to have let actually taken some extended time off. I like this photo because the figure is small and headed uphill. That is kinda how my summer felt. 

I touched on it a while back, but I am starting to feel like I really am at the end of middle age. I only have about 8 years before I will be forced to retire. I have put so much time and effort into post-graduate degrees but I have very little idea what I will do when I have to stop working. Plus, I am also feeling little creaky in the bones. I try to get my walks in and still cycle to work a few times a week, but the spring in my step is a bit worn out. Maybe my wit has lost some sharpness as well. Could be the company I keep, or actually with corona, the lack of company. Just feels like there are only a handful of people who get my humor. Also, I am not cranky yet, but wouldn't be surprised if the grumpy old man in me comes out in the next few years.

Not sure where I am going with this post. Nowhere, I guess. But, just because I dig the photo, I will keep the rambling text this time.

Ok then.