Next week will be December, the first month of winter. I have no idea where this autumn went as I was swamped with work and barely had time to even notice the falling leaves. I saw this wonderfully fire-colored tree on campus yesterday and realized that I missed most of the season simply because I was not paying attention. Maybe it is age, but recently when I wake up, I am, seriously, not even sure what day of the week it is, so the seasons just fly by.
I keep telling myself that things will slow down, but I am not yet secure enough to take the foot off the gas until I get to where I want to be. It does seem though, that I never actually get to where I think I am going. Not that I am going nowhere, mind you, it is just that when I do arrive at a goal, it is no longer where I think I need to be. I am trying to think less about what life will be and just focus on what it is, but I am either blessed or cursed (depending your perspective) with vision of what future will look like. Of course, I am most often wrong, but I am preoccupied just the same.
After seeing the unique film Stutz this week (on Netflix, I highly recommend it), I have been thinking about The Tools. The photo above reminds me of the Reversal of Desire tool in that the guy is walking out through the forest of his comfort zone and into a clearing. I haven't yet dug into all the tools and the theory behind them, but looks like it could be useful for a restless soul like me.
Anyway, not much else to pontificate on. Usually, that means that I am doing well. Long patches of not posting here is most often a sign that I am working on other ways to keep on keeping on.
