This photo was noticed (and used for a publication cover) by a friend recently. When he asked me about it a bunch of memories sprouted up. I took it at Omicho Market, probably in 1992, which was my first year in Kanazawa. This was before the market was a tourist hive and was more focused on selling fish and produce. There were a few small shops then where you get a meal, but they were never crowded or had lines of folks waiting to get in. Anyway, these were some lanterns for a sashimi place. I remember they had nice domburi (bowl of rice with sashimi on top). I think I went here for dinner and on my way out noticed the lanterns.
Letting folks use photos is a pleasure. If there anybody out there thinks they might like to do something with any images on this blog, scroll way down to the bottom to find a gmail address that I only occasionally check. It is much nicer to have someone ask than to find them later.
