Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Gazing out


 It is spring and the cherry blossoms are in full bloom and are starting to fall. This year they just seemed to have leaped out of nowhere and in a week they will be gone. Because of my hand, I have not been riding my bicycle to work, so I lack the daily connection to a few of my favorite trees. Speeding by in a car is not the same as watching them close up each morning from the bike.

The above photo is at least ten years back or so, taken from the Kenroku-en side looking over at the Kanazawa Castle. I was attracted to the single man gazing out into the sky and all the nice lines that work together. It feels like he is in the right place at the right time and is relaxed and taking it all in. He also is on top of all the stones that are so wonderfully stacked up in the wall.