Another Monday and I am just trying to tidy up the mess that my office is in. Not just the desk, with papers and books all over the place, but I have way too many files open and need to spray down the digital desktop as well.
Recently, I have been getting something out of the words of Wayne Dyer, which I stumbled upon from interest in Taoism. Not advocating anything religious, but I like his 5-minutes before bed meditation, which includes this (edited) passage:
I know that I am pure spirit, that I always have been and that I always will be. There is inside me a place of confidence and quietness and security where all things are known and understood, this is the universal mind, which I am apart and which responds to me as I ask of it. This universal mind knows the answer to all of my problems and even now the answers are speeding their way to me I needn’t struggle for them, I needn’t worry or strive for them, when the time comes the answers will be there.
The speeding my way bit is a good concept. Instead of worrying so much about how and when I will accomplish the junk on my to-do list, I am trying just to remember that I have, throughout my life, been able to take care of business (just like the TCB slogan of Elvis). There is no reason to doubt that good answers will come when I need them.
I also like the idea that answers will come in time. I few months back I felt bit twisted up about some things way far away in the future and probably wasted time creating numerous plans to deal with scenarios that never happened. Sure, having a contingency plan is always good, but spending too much energy on what-if's surely ain't no good.
Anyway, just trying to tidy up before the week really gets going. I bid you peace.
