Photo from cica 2008, Saigawa, Kanazawa
The 3-day weekend has come and gone. It was nice to leave work alone for a while and I was glad that I didn't even think about coming into the office to work on my own stuff.
It was way too hot to do much of anything, but I did venture to the river (picture above) on Saturday morning. I have been slowly collecting rose-colored quartz that I find in the river to bring back for my garden. There is a spot that, when it rains heavily, gets a little run off spillage from the gutters. I am trying to get enough to cover a small area so it won't get washed away. The rose stones have a nice decorative effect, or at least looks better than just some gravel from the hardware store. I think it is technically illegal to take large amounts from the river, but I don't think anybody will care if I fill my pockets up with a few pebbles from time to time.
Maybe a pebble collecting is a good metaphor for the mind set that has been working for me lately. I have been trying to just come in each day and leave with a feeling I got something done. For a while I think I was getting tired and feeling the heaviness of life, but am hoping that I can stay a bit more micro-focused on just having one good day at a time.
Ok then.
