Friday morning and it is perhaps too early to declare that it is was a good week, but so far I have managed to stay on task and get decent work done while not worrying too much about things that I cannot control. Not exactly sure how to describe it, but it has just felt like a good solid week with not so much up/down swings. I found myself often looking up at the Tao Te Ching quote I have stuck on the wall just above my computer screen. Here is a nice paraphrase from a segment of verse 56 (my favorite):
One should maintain the sharpness of one’s thoughts internally, rather than externally against others. Focus on unraveling the complex knots of life by simplifying everything and minimizing disputes. Use the brightness of your mind to illuminate, rather than to blind others with your glare. Be involved with the world without becoming attached to it.
