Thursday, August 31, 2023

Little things


 A lot of little things have bottle-necked up and ebbed my flow. I am struggling to get a good work groove going, but maybe that is just normal for this time of year. I keep telling myself that it is still August (albeit the last day today), and that I should not fret so much until later in September.

Photo was taken probably 15 years ago, from a family trip to Kyoto. My son was just a little one then and I kind of remember that I woke up early to explore the area around the hotel with my trusty Nikon FM2. I stumbled upon this wonderful ceramic tile artwork which was on the wall of coffee shop. Instead of the scenes or landscapes that are so often sought, I really like to take close ups of signs. It would be grand to take a few weeks and just walk around some place and take photos of old signs and other little things.

The image reminds me of the days when I taught art school students at a local college. They were so much fun. My current teaching context at a big university is fine, and I have lots of really good students, but there was always something unpredictably wacky or funny in any given class at the college.  It was also nice to get invited to their exhibitions and parties. I miss that a little.

Ok then. Still early enough for me to rally and have a productive day. I bid you peace. By the way, once again I am getting loads of hits. Probably just a robot, but a gmail account that I occasionally check is way down at the bottom about the MH logo, in case you would like to get in touch.