A few months back, my uncle has pointed out to me that kettle is the term for birds flying together in a circle motion. This reminded me of a photo I have always liked that I took from a bridge in Kyoto looking down into the Kamo river. This kettle of gulls was zeroed in on something and when they swooped down I got a nice contrast with the river.
Echoing my sentiment of late, once again I feel like I am a bit of a kettle of thoughts today. Lots of ideas swilling around all looking for some place to dive down to. Most of them are work related, which I really try to avoid giving any details about here on the blog, but there are also a few that are deeper, or dare I say, spiritual? I find myself pondering the Tao Te Ching a lot, usually just before bed. I particularly dig verse 56, which advocates guarding your senses and tempering your sharpness. It also contains the well known: Those who know do not talk; those who talk don't know.
I guess if the kettle of my thoughts is slowly circling, it could be a positive thing and I can still afford to allow myself to be distracted as school is still not in session. Every now and then it seems like some of my birds let out a boisterous squeal, but I guess that is what bird do.
Ok then.
