I have posted this image in the past, but this is an improved version, scanned from the 35mm negative. A lot of the old things I posted were done on a simple flatbed and not nearly as sharp.
The woman is a geisha (or geigi, as they say in Kanazawa) and she was entering the Nishi-chayagai headquarters, where rehearsals take place. I was lucky to have her just walk into my frame, and the lines from the buildings really make a nice composition. It is a bit of a trite touristy kind of theme (all she needs is a paper umbrella), but still it has a good vibe.
The scene was part of my regular walking route, back when I lived in the Teramachi section of town. I used to walk a big loop and I got to know the good places to wait a while. I have yet to tread a new route, but then again, I have busy, plus last summer was just too hot to leave the house.
